Sunday, May 30, 2010

another home-y

We had a surprise birth yesterday afternoon. First time mom, in early labour at noon (2cm). At 3 pm her husband called to say things were picking up and what could we do? The MW explained we could come, do some massage for her, get her into the shower blah blah blah and he said, ok no problem, we're fine. An hour later he called again and said that she felt like pushing. We were on the move, hoping for 5-6 cm and were so happy that she was fully dilated! Because it was so quick I wasn't able to take any pics of the set-up at home, but I have some shots of the midwifery supplies that I can post later. There was another mixed methods approach to the placental delivery - this one took 24 minutes to come out and I was really dreading if it would be retained. But the midwife was able to convince it to come out and the blood loss was more than usual but not terrible (800 ml). I saw them today and they are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment