Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Final week in Doesburg

Things are winding down for me here. Have been saying goodbyes to some of the babies and families I've met over the past weeks and even took a day off call. I had another delivery on Sunday night after a long day of trying to finish up some school work. It was a second time mom, who had a previous postpartum hemorrhage so she was to deliver in the hospital. Everything was very normal with the delivery, but I needed some coaching with coaxing out some sticky shoulders. The baby was a whole kilogram less than our real shoulder dystocia baby, but still looked kind of big to me afterwards! There were no problems with bleeding afterward, and the placenta was bipartite (bilobed). It was very interesting (to me at least) and the dad took a picture of it so I have to see if I can get him to send it so I can post it for you.

2 comments:

  1. here's to hoping you have a couple more lovely homebirths before you leave! can't wait to see you in Paris!!! xox L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous last week, Jill! I bet you are counting down the hrs till your family arrives. It will be amazing to have them with you soon! xoxo Yarz

    PS - PARIS?! And you get to see Laura?! One of my favorite places in Paris for a hot chocolate to absolutely die for is Angelina's right across from the Tuilerie Gardens on Rue do Rivoli. It is a great pit stop to refuel and a must for Rain and Sal if they are hot chocolate kind... xo Y

    ReplyDelete